Our Response to COVID-19
Quaker Houghton is Taking Action
Forced to do a Covid-19 Shutdown
How to Maintain Metalworking Fluid and Cleaner Systems During an Extended Shutdown
Maintaining Die Lubricant Delivery Systems
As the situation around COVID-19 continues to evolve, Quaker Houghton is taking action to protect the health and well-being of our global colleagues and minimize any potential business disruption. Please read this message for additional information around our response.
- Quaker Houghton plants are currently operating with normal production and delivery. Providing our products and services to our customers in a safe and efficient manner remains a top priority for us. With our broad manufacturing footprint, we believe we are well-positioned to cover the needs of our customers, and do not currently foresee any impact to our supplies or production.
- We are monitoring the availability of all raw materials with our suppliers closely, and are ready to execute contingency plans if they become necessary. As of the writing of this letter, we have had no direct impact on any raw materials that Quaker Houghton is purchasing.
- We have recommended all employees follow safety and hygiene measures recommended by the World Health Organization.
- We have suspended business travel for employees into and out of the areas of broadest impact including: Italy, South Korea, China, Japan, Singapore, & Iran. We have also suspended intercontinental travel, and reduced all other non-essential local business travel.
- Beginning March 12, external visitors to any Quaker Houghton location will be required to certify that they have not traveled to a restricted country in the past 14 days, have not been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, and do not exhibit symptoms.
It goes without saying that this is a challenging time for everyone, and Quaker Houghton will continue to work across roles, across disciplines and across the globe to continue to move forward together.
Quaker Houghton will continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19 and is committed to communicating often with our customers, suppliers, and our colleagues. If you have any questions, please contact your Quaker Houghton representative.